As an SEAI-Registered Technical Advisor, you will conduct Technical Assessments and advise clients who wish to improve the energy performance of their homes. The role involves a mixture of site visits, creating reports, and advising clients.
On-site and work-from-home. There will be signification travel involved during working hours.
We’re looking for someone based in one of the following areas:
- North Kilkenny
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: €55,000 per year
Bonuses: Depending on performance. Potentially €15,000 per year in the case of excellent productivity and customer satisfaction
Expenses: Motoring expenses compensated tax-free according to Civil Service rules/rates
Based from Home: Computer-based work can be done from home. On days that you’re travelling to do visits, you’ll be on the clock from the moment you sit in your car.
Autonomy: Zero selling involved: You’ll always be free to give your honest advice to clients, as impartiality is at the core of what we offer.
The core responsibility is to carry out Technical Assessments for homes in Ireland. In more detail:
- Listen to the client in order to gain an understanding of their home energy goals
- Visit the client’s home for the survey and enter the results to DEAP software
- Put forward a plan to improve the energy performance of the client’s home
- Communicate the results of the assessment to the client verbally and in writing
- Answer any follow-up questions the client has about the assessment.
Additionally, you will:
- Uphold the SEAI professional codes of practice for Technical Advisors
- Register EcoPlus’s phone/email as your point of contact on the SEAI list of Technical Advisors
- Depending on business needs, carry out BER assessments without associated Technical Assessments
1) Have completed BER Assessor training and scored at least 70% in the final exam.
2) Any one of the below degrees or professional memberships (NON-NEGOTIABLE):
|NFQ Level 7 Degree in one of the following|
Building Services Engineering
|NFQ Level 7 Degree where min. two subjects below|
covered for min. two semesters each
Building Construction / Technology
Building Energy Performance
Building Services Engineering
|Professional Body Membership||Eligible Grades|
|Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)||Fellow (FCIBSE)|
|Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT)||Chartered Architectural Technologists (MCIAT)|
Associate Member (ACIAT)
Technician (Architectural Technician)
|Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)||Fellow Member (FCIOB)|
Chartered Member (MCIOB)
Incorporated Member (ICIOB)
Associate Member (ACIOB)
|Energy Institute||Fellow (FEI) Chartered Engineer (CEng)|
Incorporated Engineer (IEng) Chartered
Energy Manager Member (MEI)
Chartered Energy Engineer
|Engineers Ireland (EI)||Fellow (CEng FIEI)|
Chartered Engineer (CEng MIEI)
Ordinary Member (MIEI)
|Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland (RIAI)||Fellow (FRIAI)|
Architectural Technician Member (RIAI Arch. Tech)
|Society of Chartered Surveyors (SCS)||Chartered Quantity Surveyor|
Chartered Building Surveyor
3) Driving Licence and Own Transport. You’ll receive tax-free compensation for motoring expenses.
- Be eligible to live and work in the EU
- Computer literacy (spreadsheets, etc.)
- Punctuality and ability to work to a schedule
- Excellent spoken and good written English
- Maintain a professional appearance and treat clients with courtesy
EcoPlus is a new company in a fast-growing industry. This role would be ideal for someone who is comfortable with change and keen to engage with the development of the business. In turn, you’ll avail of the opportunity to earn uncapped bonuses based on the number of satisfied clients you advise each month.
If that sounds good to you, then apply below to join our team and make a positive impact on Ireland’s energy landscape.
Dominic Ó Gallachóir
Tel: 074 9710825
Or complete the form below: