Let’s pump some heat!
How does a heat pump work? A heat pump gathers warmth from outdoors and pumps it into your home via radiators or underfloor heating
Why install a heat pump? Heat pumps save you money because they don’t need to burn oil or gas to operate. But most importantly, they offer you 24-7 warmth
How much is the grant for heat pumps in Ireland?
The Irish heat pump grant is €6,500 for houses, and €4,500 for apartments.
To claim the grant, you must:
- Have your home technically assessed pre-installation
- Meet or exceed the insulation requirements
- Use an SEAI-registered heat pump installer
- Get a Building Energy Rating (BER) certificate post-installation
How much do heat pumps cost?
A heat pump installation typically costs €3,500 to €12,500 after grants in Ireland.
The price depends on a variety of factors, including:
- Size of the home
- Whether additional upgrades (like new radiators) are needed
- Brand, model, and features
- The installer’s fee
Do heat pumps work with radiators?
Heat pumps can work with radiators.
However, to make this combination work best, you’ll generally need at least one of the following:
- A very well-insulated home
- A radiator upgrade (larger/more powerful models)
- One or two additional radiators
- A special high-temperature heat pump
What are some added benefits of heat pumps?
- Safety: Heat pumps do not produce any carbon monoxide gas
- Space: Switching to a heat pump means you won’t need an oil tank – saving you valuable outdoor space
- Convenience: Heat pumps eliminate the hassle of gas bills and oil refills
- Hot water: Heat pump supply cost-effective hot water for taps and showers